PNC - Let Your Lover Know feat. The Checks

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tiki's gift to all NZ Children - A Lullaby

Inspired by his baby son, Tiki Taane has written a beautiful and melodic song as a gift for all New Zealand children.

Starship Lullaby is the first single from the upcoming album ‘In The World Of Light’, (due for release in March 2011). All proceeds from every download of Starship Lullaby will be donated to Starship Children’s Hospital.

In Tiki’s own words:

“I wrote this song for my son, Charlie Te Marama - I’m always singing and playing the guitar and it totally calms him down. One day when he was 3 months old, I was jamming some random chords and noticed he got really excited, every time I played them he went nuts. So off to the studio I went to piece the song together, and after a few days I had fleshed out the beginnings of the Starship Lullaby.

When composing the song, I wanted to write a lullaby that all parents could play and sing to their child, one that isn’t difficult to learn, but most importantly a song that is from Aotearoa. So I asked my whanau (family) to help translate the second half of the track into Maori, which in my opinion has really given the track spirit and soul.

A while later, after recording the demo and letting it sit, I had a dream that I had gifted the song to Starship Children’s Hospital, and it went on to help generate funds for their cause. So that next morning I sent an email to the Starship Foundation outlining my idea, and how I would like them to have and use this track any way possible, and this is when our partnership began.

It’s been an amazing journey watching this song grow, and its effect on every one who hears it. I’ve been blessed to have some incredibly talented people involved in the making of the song and the video.

I hope this song reaches the heart and soul of all who hear it, and that through just one simple download know that you are helping save lives.”


“We were so humbled by Tiki’s generosity,” says Starship Foundation CEO Andrew Young. “To gift his beautiful song to Starship means so much. But on top of that, donating all the proceeds from every download of Starship Lullaby will help our charity support so many young New Zealand children in real need. We can’t thank Tiki enough.”

Starship Lullaby will be available for download on October 4th from Amplifier.co.nz, itunes, Telecom, Vodafone, Digirama.co.nz, MarbecksDigital .co.nz and Tiki’s own website, Tikidub.com.


No comments: